Friday, September 18, 2015

Fall Lake Whites at Sylvan Lake


As the water temperatures start to decline during the cooler fall days, lake white fish will be foraging again close to shore. Today the surface water temperature was 59F. Larry and I launched at Sunbreaker's Cove on Sylvan Lake and headed to the weed lines along the north west corner of the lake. We set up in 8 feet of water and had a blast chironomid fishing about 7 feet down. Basic chironomids like a size 12 black and red ice cream cone are all you need to catch lake whites. Lake white fish are scrappy and lots of fun to tangle with. 

Larry and I were lucky. We had virtually no wind today. As we fished closer to shore, we were able to sight fish in 4 to 6 feet of water.

...definitely a fabulous day to spend on the water with my buddy!



My first fish using my 60th birthday present, a beautiful Islander Reel.







No comments: