Friday, July 27, 2018

Back to Southern Alberta to Camp and Fly Fish


Karen and I along with our friends Jay and Lynn headed back to southern Alberta to camp and do some fly fishing. The rivers are in great shape and there was a lot of fly fishers out! We fished a bit and enjoyed the camping and beautiful scenery! Our days always started slowly with coffee and a great breakfast. Karen and I thoroughly enjoy the company of our long time friends, Jay and Lynn! Lots of laughter and solving all the world problems as we sat by the river made the days fly by way too fast! We fly fished around camp and just took it slow. Karen and I have been painting our house so taking a well deserved break was a great reward. The fly fishing was excellent as usual although the cutthroat have become very wary. I even caught a few bull trout. I do not target bull trout but I did connect with a couple.

I always love the benchlands in southern Alberta. They are so enjoyable to walk along!

It is getting dry everybody so consider not having a campfire. Do check if there is a fire ban! They are now being posted in several parts of the province!





























No comments: