Thursday, November 12, 2020

Fly Tying Mondays During a Pandemic



Hi Everybody!


COVID-19 has certainly made a mess of everything. That includes Fly Tying Mondays. I have been getting input from many fellow fly tyers. First of all, there will be no fly tying at West River Fly Shop. Troy and I have had several discussions about this. It would be irresponsible of us to bring larger groups together especially with the pandemic second wave exploding.



Virtual Fly Tying has been discussed too! I have spoken to Phil Rowley who has successfully done this already. More about that later. I hope we can have an all day fly tying workshop but at this point it will have to be virtually done. Quite doable.


I am going to develop a small cohort group to tie flies. Small being 4 individuals. Perhaps you can do the same.


I am going to start posting on our blog, flies that I have been successfully using here in Alberta. They maybe flies you would like to add to your fly box! I am hoping others will do the same.



I am thinking of starting a new Facebook page for the Central Alberta Fly Tying Club. I have to figure out how to do Facebook live for those who wish to be involved.


I want to keep our group active and communicating. If you have any ideas, drop me a note.


More details to come soon!


Bob

No comments: