Thursday, March 4, 2021

MOP Flies and a Royal Wulff Variant on Monday March 8th

On Monday March 8th, we will be tying MOP flies and a Royal Wulff on Zoom starting at 7 pm. I have lots of MOP material right here at the house. Do you need some? Just drop me an email and I will get a lifetime bag of MOP fly material ready for you for $5. You just need to pick up the material at my house (26 Wiltshire Place here in Red Deer). Give me some heads up to get you a bag ready and I will put it in my mailbox!

We will also be tying a Royal Wulff Variant. The wing is polypropelene, or phentex or macrame cord. Or you can use calf body or tail hair!



MOP Flies

You will need

Hook: 3906B size 8 or a C49s size 8
Bead: Gold 1/8th or Black Nickle 1/8 (tungsten or brass)
MOP fingers (these are from a car wash glove)



For tying a Royal Wulff You will need:

Hook: 12 dry fly hook (I am using a TMC 100)
Tail: Moose, deer hair or brown hackle
Body: peacock herl with a red thread hot spot
Hackle: Brown
Wing: Polypropelene, fentex, macrame cord, etc




 

No comments: