Friday, October 28, 2022

Dickson Tigers


Tiger trout are so cool. They are a cross between a male brook trout and a female brown trout! Their vermiculations, colouring and aggressive nature make for a great sport fish! We have several lakes and ponds in Central Alberta that have tigers! Check the Fish Stocking Report to see where and how many have been planted in our area! Today, I walked along the shore for Dickson Trout Pond for 90 minutes casting a Tokaryk Special. I managed to hook several in my short day on the water. Micro leeches and shrimp patterns should also get you some hook ups! I just dangled a balanced Tokaryk Special about 4-5 feet down over weed lines as I enjoyed the warm afternoon sun. Next week's cold weather may result in some of our lakes/ponds to freeze over. I think we are down to the last few days.











 

No comments: