Sunday, November 6, 2022

Winter Has Set in, Time to Get Ready for Fly Tying Mondays



Winter in Central Alberta has set in with a vengeance. My boats were still in the garage and I had to act fast before the big snowfall came. My fellow fly fisher and generous neighbour, Colin, came across the street and used his snowblower to clear a path to my camping trailer. I had to pull the trailer onto the street and then Colin backed my boat trailer loaded with the 17 foot G3 into the backyard. I changed the leg oil on my 40 hp Yamaha just to be safe. Then my camping trailer was repositioned.

My pram had to come off of the Golf station wagon and all of the batteries hauled to the basement, placed on wood (not cement) with my chargers ready to set up to trickle charge.

The next two days steady snow set in!

Time for Fly Tying Mondays. The goal is to get started on Monday November 28th. I still have a few details to sort out. I will be posting a tying calendar on the blog in the next day or so. I will be needing lots of help. I will be asking for tying presenters. You do not have to be an expert. More about that very soon! The general plan is to meet for fly tying and perhaps doing a few zoom sessions for my out of town friends. Stay tuned!




No comments: