Monday, November 4, 2019

Winter is Coming!



When I got up this morning, my lawn was covered in the the white stuff! Luckily I winterized my boat and got it nicely stored in the backyard with lots of help from Karen and my neighbour Colin yesterday! Perfect timing!

Well the snow steadily fell and I was hoping to get out on the Red Deer River for a few hours. I talked myself out of it a few times but then I reminded myself that our winter is long. I bundled up and headed out with Pepper right at my heels. He was not going to miss out on the opportunity of catching a few mice for a mid day snack!

We lasted two hours. The snow squalls came and went. My hands were definitely a bit cold. Luckily the walleye were willing to bit a Vampire Leech, a Candy Corn and an Ice Minnow.

It sure felt dark around 4 pm. Wait a minute, we back to standard time, sigh!




No comments: