Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Winter's Arrival Was Fast, Way Too Fast


Karen and I knew that Sunday had to include winterizing the 1756 G3 Yamaha and then with neighbour Colin's help, store the big boat in the backyard. It is a hastle because we have to move our travel trailer twice in order to park the boat in its spot for the winter.

Yesterday maybe was the last day to get out and fly fish until a chinook rolls in. My hands were cold but I did enjoy the two hours I had on the water.

This morning, the snow was flying, my grass was covered in those little white treasures and the roads were nasty. It is time to shift gears.

The fly tying vice is set up and it is time to start filling boxes for next year and our late winter trip to Belize. Dust off that tying vice, take stock of your tying materials and start getting those spaces in your fly boxes filled up!

No comments: