Friday, October 20, 2023

Winter is Just Around the Corner!


Finally Karen and I were able to get out and fly fish yesterday. I have been under the weather lately as well and it felt great to get outside. After taking a look at the long range weather forecast, I am glad we were able to get out! It looks like we are in for a big weather change. Sigh!

Well yesterday was beautiful. It was a bit windy but I was still fly fishing in my shorts and light sweater. The rainbows yesterday were eating shrimp and daphnia. Karen and I tied on a Bubba Gump Shrimp, Tokaryk Specials and blobs. The action was not fast and furious but it was steady! Later in the day I started stripping backswimmers and I was able to connect on a few rainbows as well. I was hoping their memory made them interested in boatmen. The hits were vicious. 

Time to find your cold weather clothes. It looks like winter is just around the corner! Bundle up and get out this weekend, it maybe your last chance.










 

No comments: