Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tokaryk Special 2.0 Tied Up as a Micro Balanced Leech

Happy Boxing Day Everyone! I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas! I have settled into some fly tying. My son-in-law asked me about tying up some Tokaryk Specials to help him fill in a big gap in his fly box! I agreed to help him out and it got me thinking about how productive this fly has been. My son-in-law wanted the Tokaryks to be tied small like a micro leech. It is definitely an excellent pattern. Below I am using tungsten head turner beads and pine squirrel for the tail instead of marabou! You definitely want some slots in your lake fly box for these flies. 


Tokaryk Special 2.0

Hook: Size 12-14 jig hook (my go to size is size 12)
Thread: Red, 8/0
Bead: 7/64ths Tungsten Head Turner Bead for size 12, 3/32nd for size 14
Tail: Pine Squirrel, black
Body: Hares Ear Ice Dub Peacock or just Peacock Ice Dub or olive brill


Tying Note: Put Head Turner Bead on with concave side to eye of the hook!


Tie in Pine Squirrel or marabou


Make a Dubbing loop then insert dubbing,  spin it up!


Wrap dubbing up to bead, and whip finish!




 

No comments: