Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Caddis and Hoppers


Wandering along a river at dusk can produce some surprises. The thunderstorms have caused most creeks and rivers to rise and significantly cool. Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw a rise right at a small deflection. I wasn't sure because I was a long way downstream.. I decided to slip off my runners and quietly approach the spot. Well I saw nothing. I decided to cast anyway. The second drift through with my size 16 elk hair caddis produced a rather sizeable brown trout. I managed to get the hard fighting brown to hand and the brown blasted away after a quick picture.. I had to clean the silt off of my bare feet before putting my runners back on. Great moment!


Cooler waters have allowed some fishing in Central Alberta. Hoppers seem to be everywhere and this brown smoked my Turk's Tarantula.


No comments: