Monday, November 12, 2018

Walleye on The Fly on the Red Deer River


What a delight. I love swinging clousers on the Red Deer River with my spey rod! The warm air was going to be around for a few hours, so good timing was important! I am not ready to put the fly rods away quite yet! Most of our trout lakes are now covered in ice and our eastern slopes rivers are mostly closed. The options narrow. The Red Deer River, the Blue Ribbon Bow, the Crowsnest River and of course certain sections of the Oldman River remain open. They are all great choices when warm air spills over our mountains. Usually warm air is accompanied by wind this time of the year. Thankfully today that was not the case.

I was using my spey rod today. I used a clear intermediate sinking line and clousers that has a stinger hook. Worked great! Keep an eye on the weather forecast. There will be some warm air around for the next little while!









No comments: