Monday, January 6, 2014

The Screaming Banshee and Amy's Ant



Hi Everybody!

What a fun evening. There were 24 fly tyers having a great time while learning two new patterns that were new to all of us! It was my turn to be in front of the camera. I had my eye on two cool patterns that I hoped to share and I definitely want to fish! The first pattern was a very popular foam pattern that was introduced by Jack Dennis called Amy's Ant. This is a rather busy pattern with a lot going on. I belive that Amy was Jack's daughter. The second pattern came from Charlie Craven. I am a big fan of his flies. Take a look when you get a chance at Charlie's Fly Box. Charlie has a new pattern that is called the Screaming Banshee. It is a skating caddis pattern that is quite brilliant.

The best part of the night for me was seeing our newest bionic man, Doug Pullen, out with the gang! Knee replacement and hip replacement seemed to be a staple of many of our gang!

Remember that there are 4 or 5 spots left for the Phil Rowley Workshop on January 18th. Call me (Bob:403-347-3802) or e-mail me bob.vanderwater@rdpsd.ab.ca to ensure you have a spot!

..see you next week!

Bob


...almost looked like a MASH unit tonight! Way to go guys!








Screaming Banshee (Charlie Craven originator)

Hook: Curved Caddis sizes 14 to 20
Thread: Olive 8/0
Forward Wing: Natural Yearling Elk Hair
Abdomen: Opal Mylar, small
Thorax: Olive antron
Wing: Deer hair
Shellback: Elk hair butt ends


Amy's Ant (Jack Dennis originator)

Hook: TMC 200 sizes 8 or 10
Body: 2 mm tan and brown craft foam
Abdomen: Peacock crystal chenille
Legs: rubber
Wing: Deer Hair
Thorax: Peacock diamond dub

No comments: