Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Tying Parachute Dry Flies on Zoom- Monday January 24th at 7 pm MST

Hi Everyone!

On Monday January 24th at 7 pm MST, we will be tying parachute flies. The tying technique we work on can be applied to any of your favourite dry flies. Parachute flies ride so nicely in the surface film and trout love to devour them.

We will be using a relatively new idea to fasten down our hackle. It is clean and makes your parachute flies look fantastic!

I will be doing my parachutes using size 12 standard dry fly hooks on Monday. I tie parachute flies from size 8 all the way down to size 20.

On Monday, I will be tying a Purple Haze Sparkle Pupa, Parachute Adams and probably a parachute Pale Morning Dun.

Have the following to tie along:

1. Size 12 dry fly hooks (I am using TMC 100)
2. Black 8/0 thread
3. White polypropylene yarn or macrame chord, or calf body hair for the post, I will also be using coloured polypropylene to make a high visibility parachute fly.
4. Brown hackle or grizzly/ or both!
5. Tail material: could be moose/deer; Coq de Leon, tail fibbets, hackle fibers work great as well
6. Body Material: Purple ice dub, adams dubbing (light to dark grey) and pale morning dun dubbing(olive antron) or your favourite dubbing for a mayfly or turkey biots
7. UV resin ( I use Solarez Bone Dry) and UV light










 

No comments: