Monday, November 13, 2023

A Bonus Day on the Water


The end of October was so cold and many of our lakes froze over. 

...but November has been warm and that thin covering of ice has disappeared on several pot hole lakes. My neighbour and friend Colin and I were able to get out today. The chinook arch over Red Deer was spilling warm air throughout Central Alberta. We headed out late morning and had an excellent late morning and afternoon session on the water. The lake we visited was 75% ice free. The water temperature was a frigid 38F. Burr! We bundled up with lots of extra layers that we really did not need. 10C  on November 13th is a bonus day! I had to track down the electric motor, battery and fly fishing gear. I had stored it away.

Colin and I both fly fished with Tokaryk Specials and had an outstanding afternoon. Several dozen rainbows were brought to hand. A bonus day indeed. Great fun!









 

No comments: