Friday, May 23, 2014

Barbecuing with Mayflies

It is a beautiful warm Friday. It was a perfect night to light up the barbeque and cook supper. As I was getting ready to cook, I noticed a mayfly on the kitchen window screen. Nothing unusual about that but after I started to look at the side of my home, I could see lots of mayflies and at least 2 different species. Of course I had to get out my camera and multitask. Cooking supper and photographing mayflies are certainly an unusual combination. I don't own a great macro lens but the images turned out not too bad! I love to take fly fishing related pictures and these Blue Winged Olives and March Browns were quite a distraction while I cooked! Luckily the chicken thighs tasted great with the awesome salad Karen whipped up! 










No comments: