Sunday, May 17, 2020

Chironomids Are Hatching and ...Sadness


The chironomids were emerging as we launched about 10:45 am at a local pot hole lake. Adults were hitting me in the face as Karen and I motored over to fly fish alongside of some friends. The action was quite steady. Smaller olive chironomids and chromies fished 6 feet down got us a lot of action! The fish were definitely gorging themselves on the chironomids. The hatch slowed signifigantly by 2 pm.

As we got back to the parking lot to head home, we heard the sad news of the crash of one of our Snowbird aerobatic planes. A terrible tragedy that took the edge off of the day. We loved seeing the Snowbirds fly over our house yesterday. Sad day! The pictures below are right outside of my house from yesterday! I admire their effort to honour all of the front line workers during the COVID-19 Crisis.

Several of the images are from Steve Luethi and from myself!































No comments: