Sunday, October 30, 2022

Windy Afternoon Looking for Tigers


The wind sure has been rocking the last few days. Luckily it has been warm. After celebrating Karen's dad's 90th birthday, Karen and I headed out to Dickson Trout Pond in search of some tiger trout! Oh man the northwest wind was turning the lake on its side except for a few pockets. We were on foot so our options were limited although wearing our waders gave us some flexibility. We had a few hours and once we set up, Karen started connecting with several small rainbows using a Tokaryk Special. I was catching nothing so I switched to a tiny brill scud. I then started to catch some rainbows. I did connect with a rather large rainbow for Dickson. That was cool because it was not a brood trout! It did not take long for both Karen and I to catch some decent tiger trout, two of which were impressive sizes. The wind chased everyone else off of the lake. It was intense wind. We wandered back to the truck and headed back to Red Deer with a strong tail wind.

It looks like the cold weather starts to move in just in time for Halloween. I see that Lake Louise and the Icefields Parkway are blanketed with snow. Time to dig out the snow tires and skis!














 

No comments: