Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Tying the Rainbow Warrior

Virtual Fly Tying!

Hi Everybody!

I have grown to like this Lance Egan pattern called a Rainbow Warrior. I like to tie them small (size 16 and even smaller). It is an excellent nymphing/searching pattern that I have had a lot of success with. Take a look at the video below. I have detailed how I tie it! It is slightly different than the way Lance ties it. A fairly straight forward tie.

I do tie them with either a rainbow bead or a silver bead. I also do use jig hooks.




Rainbow Warrior-Lance Egan

Thread-8/0 red
Bead-silver or rainbow
Hook: Nymph hook size 14-20
Tail: Pheasant
Underbody: Red thread
Overbody: Pearl mylar
Thorax: Rainbow Dubbing 
(I made my own dubbing for the thorax initially, I am sure you could substitute lots of different dubbings here)















 

No comments: